Thursday, October 25, 2007

I made a big sale tonight

A couple came in to the pharmacy tonight and nearly wiped out our vitamins department.

They were shopping for vitamins, almost anything that is made from Australia, namely Blackmores and Nature's Own. They were Asians, and I thought they looked a bit funny with huge necklaces. Later on, by listening to them talking, I guessed they are from Thailand. The guy asked for a shopping basket, but we don't have them. I gave him an empty box, thinking that should hold their shoppings. But no! He was actually just using that box to transfer the items they wanted to buy to the counter, and he must have done that about five times.

The lady was holding onto a receipt from another pharmacy, and I was thinking, omigosh, they were shopping somewhere else and must have wiped out that pharmacy too! She asked me if we have lecithin, and I told her that lecithin is less promoted here, not a lot of sales for it. If she wanted to buy lecithin for helping to lower the cholesterol level, I suggested CoQ10 tablets. She took all nine bottles that we had. My heart went 'Bling Bling!' because just those nine bottles alone was $500.

She wanted calcium, and I recommended Caltrate. She asked if it is made in Australia and I checked the bottle, even I was surprised to learn that it is made in China. She was more interested in items made locally, so I suggested Blackmores again. Repeating the scenario, she took all that we had on the shelves.

Guess how much the bill came to? $1,400 plus, including other vitamins!! I asked without prying if she was sending the items overseas, and she answered that they are flying to Thailand tomorrow. I guessed right.

Wow. My boss is going to be one happy chap tomorrow.

9 comments:

chanelwong said...

wow..your boss got give you bonus ar?

L'abeille said...

Wow...big commission lor? hehe

I'm curious to know why they buy so many back to Thailand? They don't have any Australian vitamins there?

Sweetpea said...

unfortunately, i am the employee there and not a promoter leh. where got commission! boohoohooo! i donno wor l'abeille, maybe it's more expensive there, or don't have the promo pack like we have here.

Anonymous said...

Wow.. they bought so much vits? Can pass thru custom? :P

So you're top sales woman of the month lor?? :D

Sweetpea said...

etceteramommy - i am sure there's no trouble getting thru custom from here. afterall they are buying aussie products! and thai customs, they are rich people, wat do u think? :P

Simple American said...

Too bad you don't get a commission. Oh well. You should get a pat on the back at least.

Sweetpea said...

hmm... i got a hug from him before he left the night i worked last :P but that was before the sale, and he was wishing me happy holidays :)

Leena said...

wow, big leg ah.. maybe they open a pharmacy in thailand. haha. good job..

Anonymous said...

I would be happy too.. if i were your boss.. :)