Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Glimpse inside a Soysauce Factory

I am taking you to a place where my paternal uncle's family business runs.

Along Lahat Road on the way to Menglembu, you will see Sun Thew Chun Hup Kee on your left. Are you familiar with the Orchid Brand range of soy product sauces? I grew up consuming only this brand, other than Kikkoman, mainly to support my cousin, who now runs the place with her husband, and also perhaps once a year we get some for free, harharhar. Only when I am back in Ipoh and take my mother visiting my old aunt.

Here is a peek at what goes in in there, only for a little while more. They will be moving to a new industrial area soon, with better facilitilies and more machines to cope with the growing business.




The sight of the fermenting soybeans doesn't appeal much, does it? Can't guarantee what you may find in there, but the finishing product dang sure tastes good! Kakakakaaa... please be assured that I have seen worse in China.

5 comments:

jazzmint said...

wah tats an interesting visit

Ms One Boobie said...

Interesting..!!

mIcHe said...

did u find any roach or lizard in the big pot of soyas???

Leena said...

are those containers all close very tight? all placed under the hot sun hor? interestin...

Sweetpea said...

jazzmint and mamabok - i guess it's nothing new to me but sure is interesting for those who hasn't seen how the production is.

michelle - noooo... i haven't seen one so far, BUT, what you don't see won't hurt you right? hhehehe..

shern's mom - not tight at all, just covered, that's about it. rain or shine, they are always there.