Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Aidan's first day at kinder

Today is Aidan's first day back at 'school' and instead of me being a little afraid he might want me to stay, it was just like old times.

Should I pride myself into psych-ing him? For two days I have been telling him he will see some of his old friends and play with them again. Today I reminded him of the puzzles, the building blocks, the train tracks and of course, the sandpit. At lunch when I asked if he was ready to go, he nodded eagerly, with his mouthful of porridge :)

It didn't take long for him to feel at home, and within minutes he was ready to say goodbye to me. One problem though. We are only allowed to bring ready-to-eat fruits or cheese sticks, and no drinks. They will be asked to pour the drinks themselves. Aidan is not a fruit person, and he had never had a cheese stick before. I have tried years ago, but he didn't seem to like it. So just two days ago, I bought a pack of cheese stick and we ate one together, making sure he knows how to tear it open. Practiced again yesterday, and today he had it as his snack. Phew!

What am I going to do? Let him have a cheese stick and a banana everyday?? Sigh.... when is my son going to start to love fruits?

9 comments:

NomadicMom said...

My S1 HATES fruit too. Asking him to eat fruit is like asking him to eat "sai". But have been encouraging him to drink the fresh juice, and then now he is bigger, I FORCE him to eat fruit after dinner everyday. Surprisingly, it is getting better. PERSERVERE, my dear!

BTW, GONG XI FA CHAI!!!

etceteramommy said...

Oh he only likes banana? At least he's taking the cheese stick... mine hated cheese. :(

Anonymous said...

wah so pah pai one that school..restrict what to bring for food summore! hmmm pear leh? sweet ma..he doesn't like meh?

Anonymous said...

you can 'fong sum' now ...he's a big boy now :P

Anonymous said...

I will be the same like you..my son the picky eater as well..ANyway, Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family!

jazzmint said...

wahh so strict one..how bout bread sticks?

Unknown said...

wow, big boy liao...anyway
Gong xi fa cai to you and your family !!!

Anonymous said...

Chloe is the same way.. :( .. i donch know what we are gonna do.. when she goes to school this september.. :(

Sweetpea said...

nomadicmom - aidan is fine with juices and purees, but he just won't touch the actual fruit. funny isn't it?

etceteramommy - he doesn't even like banana that much, but at least i can bodek him to eat some of that.

amah - not everything sweet he likes. funny kid. aussie kids lots of allergies, nuts and eggs and stuff, that's why this school standardise it.

whoelse - still a long way to go, kawan, a long way to go...

sue - we all have some headaches ourselves i guess :)

jazzmint - maybe if he stays back for lunch session (pay for an extra hour) then can, otherwise, snack time is just fruits.

lovelymummy - big boy is some ways, but still a baby in many others :)

mamabok - is she a fussy eater too? sigh... mothers' woes :P