Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's that time of the year again!

I know it is never ending, but somehow in the month of May, magazines for parents are usually always swamped with ads for children's parties, costumes, packages such as hero or fairy themes, hires for clowns, animal farms or even reptile farms.

I am not so hyped about all these. I personally think parents do go overboard with all the competition they brought upon themselves. My only indulgence if I do hold a party, is some party ware, maybe for the third year running this time, it will still be Thomas Tank theme. And of course, the birthday invitations, looking very attractive and personalized. This year I might get it from Thepartystartshere.com as they have really cute cards, starting from only about a dollar each. I can afford that.

But no way I am going to spend up to a thousand dollars for a five-year-old party!

No comments: