Thursday, September 25, 2008

Going Green

I am not the best environmentalist around, nor am I a tree hugger. But I do try doing the right things whenever I can, like do not use plastic bags when I do my grocery shopping, do not give out paper bags when customers buy two small items or less, turn off the main switch when electrical items not in use, you get my idea.

Having said that, going green can be an expensive thing. Organic linens and clothing can cost quite a bomb. Recycled papers in fact, cost more. On the other hand, there are many other energy efficients that we can buy and use to help make this world a better place for our children to live in. For example, I use solar outdoor lighting for my little garden, use our rinse cycle to water the garden, and oh, I dry our clothes on the clothesline.

No comments: