Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A typical Aussie meal



Today I tried to go all Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi! Oi! Oi!

Aidan had his macaroni and cheese, and me my ham salad ala Al Fresco. My backyard lah! Had to push the shaded washing aside and made way for the table and two chairs. Kinda nice, except for the annoying fly.

For dinner, I made lamb and honey meatballs, with cous cous and salad. Plus a potato bake with crispy pastry. Aidan looked disgusted at the sight of 'pink vegetable' and I teased him if he would like to have some beetroot, he looked at me, half in horror and said NO! Hence the boiled cauliflower for him. And dinosaur shaped meatballs.

What looked like a simple meal, there are tedious steps behind it. Chop the onions, crush the garlic, grate the carrot and lemon rind, slice the potato, and preparing the veggies. I guess it's okay if I didn't have to get ready for work.

Tomorrow? Tau pau ler, char siew. Coz I am going to Billy Elliot The Musical.

Woo hoo!!

2 comments:

NomadicMom said...

Broccoli lah...not cauliflower. Right?

Sweetpea said...

yikes!! hehe, yep. i always get the two mixed-up!