Saturday, August 05, 2006

I've got a payrise!

I've got a payrise, I've got a payrise! Yeah!

Not much, but still a significant lot in a year, about 12% I think.

I've 'caught wind' that my boss wanted to talk to me about that, but I didn't say anything. Then last week we received a few documents to be re-signed, and one of the pharmacist made some noise about the blank agreement. I was going to say I won't feel comfortable signing and empty contract too.

Boss came to me and asked me if I had any problem with the pay. I told him what I felt and also reminded him about the dispute we had when I first joined him, and he started asking me how much I am currently getting per hour. I told him, and he think think a moment, and wrote down the 'price'. I was pleasantly surprised with it, and he looked at me, I said 'I am happy with it'. There. Sealed! The pharmacist that complained, she didn't get anything! Probably she was too calculative, and I know for a fact Steven, the boss, likes me because I work my roster, never take a sicky or changes shifts and take holidays unless necessary. But of course, I do my work well too... *gloat gloat*

I got my payrise, my mum will get a payrise too. I called to tell her about the good news, and she was delighted for getting a bit more pocket money. And maybe I'll splurge on a little luxury, like thinking about getting insurance plan here, but that's just still thinking. It's a big commitment so we don't want to rush into anything.

Hmm... maybe I'll get the new blinds I've always wanted to get. Or a facelift, botox, lipodissolve, Jenny Craig, manicure, pedicure, brazilian wax, too many choices. Hahaha!

Will sleep on it.... *dream*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... maybe I'll get the new blinds I've always wanted to get. Or a facelift, botox, lipodissolve, Jenny Craig, manicure, pedicure, brazilian wax, too many choices. Hahaha

(Wow! Congratulations) But then with your 12% increased how soon you are going to spend it all on the above)

Sweetpea said...

Eh? Mimpi cannot meh...?