Saturday, April 28, 2007

What's becoming of Australia?

Drought. Stage 3a water restriction.

Once upon a time you will see cheap vegetables in the Coles, Safeway and IGA weekly brochures. For the past few weeks...not ONE single veggie is on specials!

Cauliflower was about $1.99 each, today $7.98.!! EIGHT FREAKING DOLLARS FOR A CAULIFLOWER HEAD! Same goes for brocolli. Used to be as cheap as $0.99 per kilo, today it's $6.00 per kilo. So today at Boxhill, I find the chinese veggies are cheaper so I got some kai-lan and garlic stems. Jeeezzzz.... what doesn't go up anymore?

I know, this is more of the market mummy's post, but I can't help complaining. Petrol naik, food stuff naik, meat prices naik, everything heading north except my bank account and my skin.

Australia is known to be one of the driest countries in the world. Everyday I will hear 'possible thunderstorm' on the radio and on TV.... thunderstorm my foot. Today was supposed to be 'showers'... pretty fine day pun. Not that I mind though.

And all these factors got me asking Wilkin about whether or not to get a Hong Kong ID for Aidan. He said what for, we are not going back. Well, I thought since dual citizenship is allowed in both of these countries, why not right? At least Aidan can choose for himself when he's old enough. Don't know what will become of Australia in 30 years time. He never answered me, probably thinking I am talking nonsense. But realistically, it will do good and no harm.

What say you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOLL tarak naik ar? kekeke..I tot Melbourne mia freeway must pay toll wan.

Sweetpea said...

panggil FREEway mar! but until certain stretch lor. i use FREEway only. Payway I don't :P

Anonymous said...

hmmm..interesting observation.

But it did rain quite a bit when I left? No? Melbourne was very sad to see us leave!

btw..i think u shud apply for HK citizenship for Aidan. Y'know la...kiasu kiasi.

Sweetpea said...

this week is rainy week, which is good, but they ALWAYS manage to miss the catchment area, so, nothing to shout about. yalor, missing you for the WHOLE WEEK!

yaya, i think so too for the HKID. will talk till wilkin gives in :P

Sweetpea said...

this week is rainy week, which is good, but they ALWAYS manage to miss the catchment area, so, nothing to shout about. yalor, missing you for the WHOLE WEEK!

yaya, i think so too for the HKID. will talk till wilkin gives in :P