Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fundraising, fundraising, fundraising...

When you have school kids here, this is one thing that will never end.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against fundraising. It's a good cause. But everytime when they hold such an event, I will end up paying for three-quarter of the lot. And if you think of it an all-year-round affair, it is quite a chunk of money.

Mostly they will have raffle tickets. I can't go around asking the same people, so I will include each of our family member, including my in-laws, and pay for tickets. Yesterday, I was given this:



At least something edible, yeah? Plus it's only $1 each as compared to the $2 raffle. But if you have school kids at home, and you bring home what they think is chocolate heaven, before you even get to sell one, some of these are already going down their throat.

Not a very good option as fundraising when you have this much to sell!



See the Freddos? Aidan has already gone through a second pack today. Even if it's just one a day, that's about twelve there. Too much chocolate. Yikes!

I'd better bring the whole box to work tonight and pray that my colleagues will buy some. I don't want to be scoffing them myself. Help!

7 comments:

Kok said...

sweetpea,
Lucky you in Melbourne and not Malaysia. Malaysia, they've this joggerthon (how it's spelt ah?) and we have to go around like beggards to collect money for the school. sigh!

jazzmint said...

wahh..at least sell something. better than malaysia lor...haha...

pearly said...

hi dear :
we have it in UK too , guess wat ?? I have 3 kids , I have enof of it, so normaly I will give it back to them and say no time no money also we have pay enof tax I don't think skol have no money !!! that wat I will say , not to be a bitch 3 kids cost me a boomb alamah xxxx

Simple American said...

Those things will be coming to my house soon too. I really despise how they use our kids like this. Haiz...

Sweetpea said...

kok - i don't think they care how you collect the money, janji you have it for them!

jazzmint - yeah. still, i hate the raffle tickets :P

pearly - i totally understand. u can only ask so many friends and relative. everytime asking the same people, the next time they see us, they run far far!

SA - not surprising isn't it? has been going on for donkey years and will be going on for more donkey years. blek.

Anonymous said...

So is this what I should be expecting when I put Ethan in school? But I don't have anyone to sell them to.

Sweetpea said...

lil'devil - that's why i said most will end up in my pantry cupboard. or get your hubby to bring it to work :)