Friday, August 10, 2007

Oi liang mm jai see

Correct or not, how I say it? Anway, izzit hokkien or hakka? Translation? Something like 'Die die also want to be pretty' lar.

My eye is not so bad now.

I should have seen it coming. I had a little of those dried crust around the right eye when I woke up yesterday morning, but didn't give a hoot about it, as it wasn't causing me any discomfort.

Am using some eye drops every two hours right now, and will have to wear glasses to work tonight.

Tomorrow I'll wear my contacts when we travel. Will take my glasses with me, as I plan to just remove the contact lenses once we head home and throw them away. The pair was a little overdue for it's monthly use anyway.

A friend of mine just had lasik done, and she said it was the best decision she has ever made. She recommends me to do it too, and said I won't regret it. Hello. Chinese saying goes, Who doesn't know your mother is a woman? But I don't have the Ess-Ellaven mar!! ($$$) I feel I really should seriously think about it, because I don't feel as comfortable wearing lenses as before. I think it's due to old(er) age as well. Dry eyes can be a peri-menopausal symptom.

Haven't even hit the Big 4 yet, already pain here, problem there. I think by the time I am 50, my bones will click and klack whenever I move.

Shheeeshhhh...... shivers just thinking about it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is Oi liang mm jai see? I catch no ball!

Sweetpea said...

becoz i didn't throw any ball! waakakkakaak!! 'oi lang mm jee say' lor

eastcoastlife said...

Lasik is the trend now but it has its side effects.

My hubby is an Optometrist and although I have been offered free lasik by his surgeon friends, we dare not take the risk.

In fact, quite a lot of the eye surgeons still come to us for glasses and contact lenses.

Read up more on it before taking the plunge. :)

Sweetpea said...

ECL - now there we go.. but my vision really bad. blind as bat if without glasses. still, i have a long time before the plunge as the fund is not available :)

thanks for the advice :)

jazzmint said...

ooo...i guess u gotta go lasik to be liang liang :P

Michelle said...

my lady boss went for lasik too but recently she always complaints of headache. dunno whether the lasik is the culprit.

Btw, you can open ur eyes big big to see my hubby's tail or not? A post for you again. :P

http://michemaylee.liquidblade.com/2007/08/11/hubbys-tail/

Sweetpea said...

jazzmint - when i have the money, then i'll think about it again. i guess that will be quite some time :)

miche - haha, i saw your hubby's tail. i had one too when i was about 20 years old :)

slavemom said...

Well, with watever surgery, there r a certain amt of risk. Do consider thoroughly (even if u can afford it), esp when we're talking abt the eyes. I'm too 'chicken' to try it. :)

Jacelyn Chew said...

me same too! whenever i wear my contact lenses, my eyes feel pedih and tears will start to flow....quite discomfort...maybe i should consider laser as well....no $$$ how??

Sweetpea said...

slavemom - there is a doc i know that i can trust my life with him, but of course, he never mentioned i can do it for free, hahaha.

jacelyn - save your posts money lor :P

Simple American said...

My contacs have been really irritating me since I changed two weeks ago. Lasik is sounding pretty good. And now there is a procedure that gurantees you won't get cataracts either.

Sweetpea said...

SA - you read ECL's comment? made me think hard, but will think again when i have the money :P

cataracts. u don't know if you'll get it, it's a 50-50 thing. i'll wait and see. what if i don't have cataracts? means i did the procedure to prevent nothing, and still pay through my nose. hah!

Simple American said...

But you see so well with the procedure. No more sticking a finger in your eye.

And I found why my contac has been irritating my eyee. There was a tiny tear on the lens and that must have been scratching my eye. Feel so much better now that I have replaced that darn thing.

I tell you the quality control at Johnson and Johnson does not seem to be as good as it used to be.