Wednesday, September 12, 2007

How savvy are you at driving?

Most of us are seasoned drivers, no doubt. But even the best of us cannot rule out the first and most important thing in driving. Your attention.

How many of us do these while driving:

  1. Talk on the phone
  2. SMS (believe me, young angmohs here are VERY capable of doing it)
  3. Apply lipstick
  4. Eating
  5. Change a cd

I have personally ate countless bananas, and once even tried eating take-away fried rice on my lap during my repping days, fallen asleep for that couple of seconds only to wake up realizing I was on the other side of the road, staring at this oncoming huge truck.

Common, everyday actions, yet disastrous behind the wheels. What about these distractions?

  1. Lack of concentration - Bad news? Drunk? Won $10 million lottery? Arguing?
  2. Adjusting your seat, your rear view mirror, getting something from your glove compartment
  3. Saw Wonder Woman or Superman in the street.
  4. Talking to your kids at the back of the car

And then there are modern gadgets:

  1. GPS
  2. In-car DVDs
  3. iPhone





But in any case, probably nothing beats this driver, in my opinion, who is worse than Britney Spears.

Oh, by the way, selamat memandu.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a silly thing to do to put her child in danger.

Simple American said...

Oh my God!!! I had to spell it out so shocked! What if the air bag is deployed? Idiot!

stay-at-home mum said...

I cant believe people will take risks like that. Children are quite unpredictable and can act up at any time. This parent obviously taught it was fun/clever to even tape it!! Get them off the road!!

L'abeille said...

Goodness, such irresponsible 'father'..tsk tsk tsk

Sweetpea said...

dear all, goes to show not all adults are fit to be parents. some think of kids as accessories, playmates, or burden. in this case, i guess the child was there to humour them. mum thinks it's funny enough to put it up on youtube. pathetic, right?

Anonymous said...

Why would someone put their child on the steering wheel while driving?! And why would they take a video on this then put it up on the internet for everyone to watch? You are right, this is worse that Britney Spears.

When I'm driving I have talked on the phone (speaker), I have eaten, and I have changed cds. But I don't sms lar, cause I'm not expert so I still need to look at the screen.

Sweetpea said...

lil'devil - 'forgiveable' if one parent has no brains, but there's nothing much we can do if both are as dumb!