Thursday, January 24, 2008

Do not use religion for whatever excuse you might have

I am pissed off with this colleague of mine tonight.

The evening started off with her talking every second sentences with the F word in it. She sounded like she was high on her cigarettes or something. She looked like she was kind of 'on-the-go' if you know what I mean, definitely not someone with a headache.

Then she said she has got a headache and won't do any work tonight, other than serving walk-in customers. Duh, since when she did much work anyway, other than serving walk-in customers. I told her to take some Panadol ker, Nurofen ker, rather than suffer. And guess what she said? She replied by saying she is a Scientologist and she cannot take any medication. I was quite taken aback with that and replied 'But you can smoke?' She kind of brushed my comment aside and mumbled something with the attitude like 'Whatever.'

Hang on there. I respect the fact that you have your religion to follow, but I cannot possibly fathom how a religion, any religion, condoning smokers, liars and drunks? Don't all advise us to be honest and sober, to lead a life that is right, or is it that we think it's right?

  1. Number one, she's paid to work. If she isn't feeling well, take a proper sicky. Don't hang around.
  2. We all know she doesn't always necessary tell the truth, because she will admit that.
  3. She is looking for someone to fill her few hours on a weekend because she will be partying the night before, and she said she will be pissed drunk.

So, does that mean, she will only follow what she thinks she can do? What about contraceptive pills? Isn't she not allowed to have medications? No, I get your question, she is single at the moment.

WTF?? Anyway, I am going to bed early tonight. Perhaps I am tired, that's why maybe I am a little over sensitive (or am I?) with her attitude. Usually I wouldn't give a rat's arse.

AND, devastating news. RIP Heath Ledger.

You may have seen him in Brokeback Mountain, but watch A Knight's Tale. He was so charming. Loved his deep voice. Perhaps I am in mourning, that's why my mood is foul. Bleh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya...I very sad to hear abt his passing. I was so engrossed listening to the news (on radio) I got lost in Warrandyte.

Sigh....

Sue said...

I just found out as well last night about Ledger...haiz... what a waste....

LiL'deviL said...

Poor you have to work with such a dishonest and crappy person.

I like Heath in 10 Things I Hate About You.

Anonymous said...

aiyo that lady. if i were u, i also pissed off...dont bother her lar.

btw, is that cassanova???

Sweetpea said...

mott - haiyah. wat were u doing in warrandyte??!

sue - yeah, but it's hollywood, the pressure, the drugs...

lil'devil and miche - wat to do, am not the boss :( i think the pic of him was in A Knight's Tale as Sir William Thatcher. it's good.

jazzmint said...

wah itu attitude memang teruk 100%!!

Sweetpea said...

jazzmint - yalar, no savings summor nak beli secondhand BMW. even I, who has lots more money than her, never thought of buying a BMW, secondhand or watnots. it's not expensive here, but with that money, can get a brand new car, tapi dia tak suka jpn or korean car wor... peluk agama ketat-ketat konon.