Thursday, January 31, 2008

Slackr Mom Club

I am joining the likes of Mott and Amah.

Aidan is starting 4-year-old kinder next week and I am supposed to fill out a form and attach the immunisation record with it. Fill in I did, and will get the record photostated, I thought. Wednesday I was at Medicare to claim on a rebate for my doctor's visit, and saw an advertisement there that I can request for a copy of the record anytimes. Great. I don't need to photocopy then, and asked for one.

When the teller handed the piece of paper over to me, I took a look, and was taken aback with the line:

4 years : OPV 4 (Oral Polio Vaccine - Sabin)
DTP 5 (Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis)
MMR

To be immunised

What?! I thought no more jabs?! Adoi!

Fast forward to this afternoon. I had little time to role-play with Aidan and told him there will be two needles, one in each arm. The doctor did tell him that again when she saw him, but naturally he didn't quite understand. When she asked him which hand he wanted it on first, he pointed to his left arm. To cut the story short, there was a lot of crying and screaming and I had to hold him really tight. It was over in less than a minute, and needless to say, Dr. Ip is not his favourite person right this moment.

And as a reward for his 'bravery', he got to take home a Thomas Marshmallows in a mini tin box. $2.99 from Target.



When I asked if I can have one, NO! Fair enough, when he didn't even have one himself. 'Mm seh tak' to eat, heh.

No comments: