Thursday, November 06, 2008

Orientation Week One

It was a very good day indeed.

Not because Barack Obama is going to live in the White House, well, that IS good! But it was a very fruitful day for me and for Aidan. Orientation Day One. As expected, he refused to walk the school ground once he noticed the crowd of children in the court.

Perhaps it was the 'male' thing. The principal came over, chatted with him for a minute, and that was all it took to loosen him up. More on that in my other blog.

I also bought school uniforms for next year. Cost me $170, which is heavily discounted considering I bought a pre-loved school bag and a vest (second-hand lar tu!), plus two short sleeves polo shirt, one long sleeve, one bomber jacket, two pairs of shorts, one pair of trackpants, one pair of navy pants and a cricketer's hat. The school bag is still in great shape, very sturdy and the vest, hardly worn, both for only $5 each.

Going to school not cheap arrr.... some more got 'voluntary' fees. Supposed to be voluntary, but must pay. For school building projects, library, la di da. Mott calls it 'compulsory donation'. Lucky thing I have his high school fees covered, although by that time, with the depreciation, it may not be much, but at least it won't be chunk we have to dish out yearly.

Have to tighten my belt for chrissy presents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard uniforms are expensive but $170 is not that bad for what you got. Boy do they own lots of different types of uniforms! Did you send him to a public or private school?